Tuesday 24 November 2015

UPGRADE REVIEW: Axial Yeti Aluminum Front Bumper Set from Boom Racing

Bumper is a great upgrade to make your Yeti more durable. When the Yeti was first released, there is bumper from T-Bone Racing which you can add an extra bumper on top of the original Yeti bumper. The bumper from T-Bone Racing is made from durable plastic and gave the rig and the shock extra protection. However, I always want a aluminium upgrade to make my rig looks cooler and tougher :)

I still keep the T-Bone Racing front A-Arm skids, but put the Booming Racing Axial Yeti Aluminum Front Bumper Set as replacement.  Please note that the bumper set came with the bumper along with aluminum front arm bulk. So you can upgrade two parts of the Yeti with one purchase. It's a pretty good deal.



Feedback: 8/10
There is a few things I like about the upgrade.

at first, as I mentioned above, the upgrade consisted of the bumper and the bulk. The bulk is one of the crucial upgrade for a stock Yeti as the plastic bulk will break quickly because Yeti's a-arm will suffer a lot pressure from bashing and jumping. And when the plastic bulk breaks, it will cause a chain-reaction and damage the a-arm and other parts at the a-arm. In my case, I broke the screw and a steering rod, half broken screw left in the chassis and I eventually need to buy another chassis as replacement :(

Secondly, the design of the bumper is cool. The new design did not just copy from the original plastic version and gave my black Yeti metallic looks.

Also, the aluminum bumper is NOT a one piece aluminum. It is assembled with at least 2 parts. There are 2 screws beneath the horizontal bumper rod. You can remove those screws and take out the top part of the bumper, making the bumper looks like the one of the Axial Exo.

I just ordered the Monster Mamba 2 ESC from Castle Creations at Tower Hobbies during the sales period. Will put a 4s battery into this thing and see how it goes.


1 comment: