Wednesday 25 November 2015

Set up of my Axial Exo Terra Buggy on 4s!

After getting back to RC hobby months ago, Axial Exo Terra Buggy is one of the RC that really catch my attention. The look of it is sick and the general weight balance, and steering and control just so nice (thanks to the review of JANG, founder of the URC forum). However, the Axial Exo Terra Buggy went out of stock everywhere and I soon figured that Axial has discontinued both the KIT and RTR version.

Luckily enough, I found someone who was selling a used (yet 95% new) Axial Exo kit with carbon fiber, aluminum and RPM A-Arms upgrades. He sold for around US250 without shipping through Buyee. Although the service fees and postal cost is not enough (I forgot the exact amount), I like the Axial Exo and it is a discontinued RC with great condition.

As my Axial Yeti will be using sensorless system. I really want my Exo goes sensored. On the hand, I figured that the Exo and Yeti both has the similar battery room (after mods), so I decided to use 4s lipo on both of them. The reason I use 4s? I just want more power for my RC and 4s lipo is cheap :D

For the brushless system, I don't have the budget for the Tekin Pro 4 HD 4S - 1850kV. Instead, I went for the Hobbywing XERUN-SCT-PRO 1/10 Combo 3400kV. I bought from Asiatees and this brushless and sensored system is actually really nice. It is really responsive and there is no clogging at all. I will a bit too much on 4s, so I have to add a double fan cooling fan from Yeah Racing.

I will post more photos and diff oil, pinion/spur set up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment