Wednesday 25 November 2015

Best and cheapest lipo battery recommended for your Axial Yeti and Exo (4s only!!)

After I planned to upgrade my Axial Yeti 1/10 (to goes 4s or beyond), one of the first things I look at is the battery case. Apart from limited motor space, there is actually also limited battery space as well. So I have to find battery which can fit my Axial Yeti first.

The Turnigy 5000mAh 4S1P 14.8v 20C Hardcase Pack from Hobbyking fit both of my Yeti and Exo perfectly. For the Yeti, you simply just need to take out the roll-cage holder and battery will fit straight in. For the brushless system, you may need to look for Tekin Pro 4 HD 4S - 1850kV if you have budget. The motor will fit perfectly.

There is a few reasons that I go for 4s for both of my Axial Yeti and Exo. One reason is that I found 4s lipo battery is relatively cheap (for more power). Each 4s battery is around US25. So I just turned down the pinion/spur setting abit, adding a cooling fan and I will lot of fun with massive power of 4s lipo.

For those who planned to run on 4s, do not use motor which is higher than 3000kV. As the RPM would be very high and your motor will overheated. Short course combo is ideal for Axial Yeti, but most SCT esc is 120A (not sure about those from Castle Creations and Tekins). If you want to run the Axial Yeti like a truggy like me. I prefer Monster Mamba 2 (waterproof and sensorless) or Tekin RX8 Gen 2(sensored) or 150A esc to give more robust power for the vehicle.


No comments:

Post a Comment