Wednesday 17 January 2018

Savage Electric final build

After a short period of nitro, I realised I don't have the talent of tuning nitro engine and decided to go electric (again), except I think gas require less tuning and easier to maintain, so I keep my Baja gas powered.

I originally purchased Kershaw design V3 conversion kit. You can keep the 3 speed transmission make it a 3 speed electric savage. It was fun. Then I decided to purchase Alza Racing conversion kit along with its TVP chassis. As I read in forum, many have good feedback about the center diff set up. I like too as I like easy maintenance.

There is a long period of the time where HPI's savage battery tray is out of stock. It happened Rovan sell clone savage (in China), and they sell battery tray, which is perfect fit for Alza racing TVP chassis hole (I tried to drill hole to the original 5.9 XL chassis, but too much hole and I decided to upgrade it).

I will list what I did to the savage later.

No comments:

Post a Comment